If you’re like me, your back is one of your biggest problem areas. Stay tuned as I explore different tips and tricks that will help us combat the bulge!
Everyone has to start somewhere! When it comes to how to get rid of back fat for beginners, one of the best places to start is by taking it easy.
No, not by not doing anything. But my easing into it. The last thing you want to do is start a heavy weight back workout and not be able to move for 3 days! I don’t know about you, but REALLY dread being sore. And it makes me not want to workout. Especially if I’ve taken a break for a while. I hate getting back into it and not being able to sleep comfortably or walk comfortably, or sit comfortably for days and days.
So now I try to ease back into it whenever I get started again.
That means lighter weights, or just knowing that I’m going to need extra rest days for a week or so. Whatever makes me feel better is what I do.
If you really want to get rid of back fat, you don’t have to punish yourself. You need to be able to stick with it so that you can see results. Not punish yourself for a week or two and give up.
Here are my top 5 things to do when you want to know how to get rid of back fat (for beginners):
1. Drink a lot of water. At least 2 liters! This will keep you muscles hydrated and help rid of them of toxins. When you workout, it creates little tears in your muscles and it can cause water retention. Drinking a lot helps that flush out of your system faster.
2. Cut out salt and sugar. You don’t have to go 100% cold turkey. Just start watching what you eat a bit more. Cut out anything that makes you retain water.
3. Do a light back workout 2-3 times a week. Here’s a good one for beginners:
4. Do some cardio. Anything that you can do and still talk while doing it is good. It will keep your heart rate up while keeping you in the fat burning zone! 2-3 times per week for 15-20 minutes at a time is a good place to start.
5. Get more sleep! If you’re like me, there’s only so many hours in a day. But it’s better to get more sleep so that your body can repair your muscles. Plus if you don’t sleep enough it will make you crave more sugar and caffeine and make your body hold onto excess water.